HI I’M BACK!!!
Last week I made these Red Velvet Biscuits with White Chocolate Chips for my friend’s birthday present. Recipe adapted from here
1 1/2 cups plain flour
2 1/2 tbs cocoa powder
1 tsp cornflour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
125g unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tsp white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp red food colouring
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F)
2. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, cornflour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
3. With an electric mixer, beat sugar, butter and vinegar until pale and fluffy. Add egg and mix well. Add in vanilla and red food colouring and mix until blended.
4. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix using a wooden spoon until just combined. Add in half the chocolate chips and mix well.
5. Divide mixture onto a baking tray, and press a few of the left over chocolate chips into the tops of the biscuits. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
6. Allow to cool slightly on the tray before moving to a rack to cool completely.